I started blogging as a way to chronicle the renovation of our inner city worker's cottage, but it has become a wonderful platform of sharing and getting ideas, being inspired by others and of course meeting lots of like-minded people who are renovating their homes and raising families which = lots of hard work that is also very rewarding at the same time.
So here are my answers to Caitlin's questions:
1. What did you want to be when you grew up? Or for those of us who are still finding our way, what do you want to be when you grow up?
For someone who is quite driven, I actually didn't have any clear career goals whilst growing up. I kind of went with the flow and ended up in project management. However knowing what I know now, I would have pursued a path in the mining industry.
2. Along the same lines, what was your first job?
My very first paid job (at 16) was selling ice-cream at a fun park.
3. Do you keep your Vegemite in the fridge or in the pantry?
In the pantry.
4. Coles or Woollies, or Aldi?
Coles (because it's the closest.) However Davies Park Markets (only a short walk away) is good for a great selection of fresh F&V.
5. What is one thing about you your blog readers might be surprised to hear?
I'm not officially married!
6. What makes you feel proud?
When I achieve the goals I set for myself.
7. What makes you feel beautiful?
A good cut and blow-dry. My hairdresser (Luke from Luke Reynolds at New Farm) is THE best hairdresser.
8. What would be the first thing you would do if you won the lotto?
Get a nanny, and then pay off my mortgage.
9. Do you have a pet? If you do, what is it?
We are currently renting an apartment until the renovation is complete, so no pets at the moment.
10. How did you celebrate your last birthday?
I have trouble remembering what I did yesterday, but I would say it was very low key.
11. What should you be doing right now...instead of blogging?
Sleeping... I definitely don't get enough sleep!
And now here are my 5 Liebster Award nominees:
Clarissa from We could, we should, we WOOD renovate (who has been blogging for about the same time as me) is also sharing her Queenslander renovation journey with the world. It's been great to be able to bounce our ideas around.
Jo from Cattle and Cushions is also fairly new on the scene. Jo lives in NW NSW and happens to be a farmer/grazier (see - it's amazing the people you meet here!) Jo is somehow finding the time to renovate her country homestead - she is actually in the middle of painting the exterior - and raising 3 boys!
I met Deb from Chequered Past at her shop a little while back. Deb and her hubby Doug own Continuum, a great little Antique/Vintage/Retro shop in the township of Eumundi which is located in the beautiful Sunshine Coast Hinterland. They always have a great selection of goodies at their store.
Simmone from Crazy House Capers (another mother of four) is a hard-core DIY renovator. She and her husband bought the house next door and are slowly bringing it back to life.
Zara from Zaranne Handmade has a gorgeous blog featuring lots of homemade and thrifted goodies (and beautiful photos to boot!) I like reading her blog as it brings back memories of when I lived down near Orange NSW.
Now here are my questions for you guys:
1. Why did you start your blog and how long have you been blogging for?
2. What advice would you give to a new blogger?
3. What inspires you?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
5. Where is your dream holiday destination?
6. What would you tell your 16 year-old self knowing what you now know?
7. How old were you when you got married?
8. Name one thing your readers would be surprised to know about?
9. What is the next big goal you have for yourself?
10. What time do you usually go to bed?
Here are the rules (should you choose to accept):
1. Thank your Liebster Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy and Paste the award to your blog.
4. Nominate 5 blogs that you would like to receive the award who have less than 200 followers.
5. Inform them of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog.