Thursday 7 June 2012

Light up my life

We're now preparing the preliminary schedule of fixtures and fittings. I have everything pretty much sorted - everything except for light fittings. I really love pendants, and we're lucky that we've got high ceilings, so I think they'll look fantastic.

I really like these George Nelson pendants (who doesn't?)


Basic white, beautiful shapes, delicious - perhaps in the dining room or hanging beside the bed in lieu of a bedside lamp, such as this example:

Lachlan Moore Photography



But I also like the black Moooi Non-Random (which is also available in white.)


 For a bit of rattan, the Gervasoni Bell 95 is my pick (black or natural).




Or there is also the option of traditional pendants, which I think would suit the rooms located in the existing cottage. Here are some photos of Stuart Vokes' place (from the acclaimed Owen and Vokes) where he has used simple, traditional lighting. I love the fine detailing in his house: they certainly don't make them liked they used to.





1 comment:

  1. I had been eyeing off those pendants for our hallway, there are so many good options out there that are quite affordable. We have 10 foot ceilings that also have decorative plaster in some rooms.Thanks for your tip with the doors. We have one quote back, another coming today. First one about what we were thinking but small builder who may take longer. At least we are roughly in the ball park! melx

    ReplyDelete