Thursday, 10 January 2013

Society Bed Linen

Our current bedding is old and worn and has been drawn all over thanks to the kids, so I'm in the market for a brand new set. I have been quietly coveting the SOCIETY bedding range for some time now - their entire range is so gorgeous it's hard to pick a favourite. SOCIETY, which is an Italian company, have only one representative in Australia and unfortunately for us Queenslander's they are located in Sydney, so it's not that easy to view the range in the flesh.

Nap Rosie Design

I recently made some enquiries about the bedding in the images above,  but unfortunately it's now out of production, so I'm looking at some other designs.

We've taken the duvet off our bed for Summer, and (here's a secret) we're using a spare quilt which belongs to one of the boy's instead. The quilt is from Lakeland Design and although it's a king single it actually fits our QS bed quite nicely and it's the perfect weight for Summer. I guess it will have to do for now.

Lakeland Mini Military Quilt - is it a bit juvenile?

Here are some more images from Society:



Their bedding includes cotton/silk blends and 100% linen. I must have been living under a rock for the past 40 years, but I have never felt or slept on 100% linen sheets. That slightly crumpled look suits me to a T because I don't iron so they are perfect for me. I can tell you, however,  that a pair of 100% linen pillowcases cost around $185. Are linen sheets really worth the extra money?

9 comments:

  1. So funny that you posted this...I just ordered some linen sheets from Restoration Hardware.

    http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod2250025&categoryId=cat1990163

    I got the basic linen because we only use a fitted sheet and so I hate having to buy sets.
    But my sister has the Belgium linen and she raves about her sheets.
    I will let you know how they are once they arrive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C, They look great - I'm very interested to find out what you think of them. xx

      Delete
  2. Love the idea of an intentionally crumpled sheet, would they feel soft or scratchy would be my only thought? I don't mind your boys throw on your bed, be creative I say. We have bagged up the doona too, using my good old faithful $5 chenille and it is just the right thinness on a hot night with the fan going above. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering what linen sheets would be like too, I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello this is blog very usefull for me, cause i have blog like this topic
    so if you want find more articles about bed linen, duvet linen or other related with this topic please visit my site here http://earthlinen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. your product is very good for wedding gift..http://smallwedding.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silk is 100% natural. Leading a life by using natural products is the best way to stay healthy. thesilkemporium.com.au is offering such elegant products for protecting your health and providing you a better nights sleep. The Silk Emporium is committed to provide the best products to its customers. If you use our silk pillows, bed sheets, blankets, etc you can enjoy a sound sleep.

    Better Nights Sleep

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Prakash sharma, You're right silk is 100% natural. I want to add that cotton and Bed linen fabrics are also natural. For comfortable and enjoyable sleep, you must choose Best quality Bed Sheets, Pillows case and some other.
    Toweling Bathrobe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good thing, i think linen is perform very important role in society.Bed sheets are looking so nice.i like it.We are providing a big deal in UK.In which bed sheets, towels, kitchen towels, Bed Linen, and all product of linen available.I wanna discus on this topic so please reply me.Thanks for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete