A short edge stretcher bond pattern was chosen for the floors - here's a close-up:
And this is how the terrace looks today:
The bricks still require a sealer to be applied (hence the lack of furniture, plants, etc) so I'm looking forward to transforming this space into a cozy outdoor room.
As all the tiling in the bathrooms were now completed, it was time to add the fixtures and fittings, including this blackbutt timber seat in the kids' shower:
It comes with an integrated post/timber peg for hanging your towel on - and I can sit down comfortably and supervise the younger ones whilst they shower.
The old lattice screens which sat on either side of the verandah were removed during demolition. Rather than replace the lattice, which didn't really provide much privacy from the neighbouring properties, we decided to install solid casement windows which can be adjusted to block out the harsh sun and also catch the breezes. We also replaced all the old metal window hoods (with the same profile as the originals.) Just recently we stumbled upon a local company (Thurlow Blinds) which make and restore those old colonial chain venetians - ours were cactus and were subsequently removed but we are getting identical ones manufactured which should be fitted in the next two weeks. They will be a welcome addition as we currently have no window coverings other than some old cot sheets hanging on our bedroom windows.
Week 34 was also supposed to be the week we were to move into the house, but as it turned out it wasn't quite ready for handover. Unfortunately we had to vacate our rental at this time, so we had no other option than to move into a hotel - not an ideal situation to be in but at least we had a good view of the city.