Thursday 7 March 2013

Nine years ago today...

Exactly nine years ago to the day, at the ripe old age of 33, I become a mother. Little did I know back then how my life was about to change.


Reading cards and opening presents in the early hours of this morning
This little kid with his infectious smile is one of the happiest boys I know. He has taught me a lot about patience, understanding, forgiveness, tolerance and hope. He has stretched me to my limits and brought me so much joy.

Happy Birthday Jackaroo!

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!
    I hope that he has a great day and all his nine year old wishes come true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, that made me laugh. I'd had my four by 30, just as well I'd hate the sleepless nights now. Happy Birthday to your big boy, hope he had a wonderful day. Have been enjoying all their pics, Oscar is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sleep deprivation in your 40's is a killer. If I had my time again, I would have started a family much, much sooner. xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, I could write almost this exact post tomorrow, our special boys are 2 years and one day apart and I was the exact same age as you. Hope he had a wonderful day. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I thought their birthdays were close. Well there you go - don't all these little similarities make you smile? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your little guy. I had my first at 30, and I agree I would definitely have started earlier with hindsight! I hope he had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happiest of days to your beautiful boy. I was 32 when I had the twinadoes. I'm done though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday young man! Nine is such a great age, so fun.

    I started early and had my boy at 22, so I was done by the time I turned 29. I often wonder what I would of done in my twenties had I started having babies in my thirties?

    ReplyDelete